Wednesday, October 28, 2009

We've Got Ourselves a SNOW DAY!!

Yes - it's true. It is still October and school was cancelled today because of a blizzard that hit last night! It has been snowing all day long and the wind is blowing it into large drifts. These are the kinds of things we expect to see in Dec. and Jan., but OCTOBER??? I love it!!

So what have we been doing today? Here are my photojournalist skills at their best!

Jetta has not left my side, and makes a great foot warmer!

Brayden has read almost an entire book.

Devin has worn his Halloween costume and has played Ninja while destroying a cardboard box. (Very entertaining to watch!)


I made homemade bread to go with our sausage and lentil soup for dinner. (Carrabba's recipe!)


This is what our front yard looks like.

This is what our backyard looks like!

It's been a fun day! Who knows, if the weather keeps up, we might have another one tomorrow!

3 comments:

Weatherspoon Family said...

Wow - snow in October. I'm glad you love it!! I'd probably love it for a few snow days then cry. I think I'm living in the right place. Your kids are sure growing up!! If you get tired of that snow - come visit us in Florida over the winter.

Brooke said...

We got some snow with that storm, but nothing like you guys. I'm so glad you are posting again!

Rob and Tonya Shallenberger said...

Yeah! You are back! It's fun to see your pictures. Your kids are getting big. We hope UT has snow when we come out for Christmas!