Monday, March 8, 2010

Riviera Maya!

We were fortunate enough to be able to take a trip down to glorious Mexico courtesy of Eric's work. We've been home now for 3 weeks so I think it's high time I let you all in on what I've been daydreaming about since our return home. It was an amazingly fun trip and it was really hard to come back home! Here are some of the pictures we took:
This was our room at the resort. Each day our room was made up we received a towel animal and flower petals. This is a butterfly. We also had an elephant, a swan, and a fish. The beds themselves left little to be desired, but the animals more than made up for that!

The front entrance to the Iberostar Tucan Resort.
The main lobby. (That is Eric looking over the vast amounts of vegetation!)
The other side of the lobby exiting out to where the rooms were. Every night this place was bustling with entertainment and food. Quite the party! We went to a place called Xplor. There we drove ATVs through the jungle, did zip lines over the jungle, and swam in rivers in huge caves under the jungle! Here I am getting ready to zip out over the jungle. Some of these lines took you over crocodiles and leopards!

Eric zipping down into the water.

A water slide!
Eric driving the ATVs.

Jamece driving the ATVs! (I was amazing in those narrow caves!)

Rafting through the caves. Those are hand paddles we are using.
Swimming through the caves.
(Getting good at spotting the photo ops by now!)



After the swimming, we were given hot chocolate!
Last photo op in the cave.

Fun day - don't mind the helmet hair!
At our resort beach we took out a catamaran. Beautiful day for sailing!
Oh captain, my captain!

Warm water, sunshine, great times!

This is out on the ocean looking back at our resort.
We also went on another snorkeling adventure!
I did much better this time!I am the one curled up in a ball getting attacked by hungry fish!

Back at the resort - surrounded by jungle...
and animals!This picture was taken from our room balcony!
I know - hard to wake up to this every morning, huh!We spent a lot of time just chillaxin' on the beach and in the ocean.
On our way home to Denver - beautiful sunset up in the clouds!
And this is what greeted us when we arrived home-
SNOW!!!
It was an amazing trip. We spent Valentine's day down there, and it was just the best.
Can't wait to do it again sometime!

4 comments:

Dominoe said...

Amazing! What a fun get-away for you guys! Thanks for sharing the pics so I can live vicariously through you. :)

Weatherspoon Family said...

That looks like a blast. What an adventure. I can see you eating up all that cave and zip line stuff. I love seeing my childhood buddies making awesome memories. That's what life is for!!! You are gorgeous by the way!!!

The Wach Family said...

SO FUN!! I am dreaming of another beach vacation with my hubby-nothing beats them!

Brooke said...

What a fun get away! I've never been to Mexico still. One of these days... (Okay I'm still hoping for one of these days!)