Sunday, May 18, 2008

Cancun!!

So I didn't necessarily become addicted to blogging, but I do have a good explanation as to why nothing has been posted for a while.... CANCUN! Eric & I spent 5 fabulous days together down in the Caribbean. We left the boys behind with my mom and embarked on a trip that was full of first-time experiences and experiences of a lifetime!

I'm going to post pictures a few at a time - for my benefit more than anything else! I still am listening for the waves at night, and waiting for someone to come and give me another Miami Vice. (A drink consisting of Pina Colada & Strawberry Daiquiri mixed together - virgin of course!)



This is looking out on our balcony at the Crown Paradise Resort that we stayed at. This is an all-inclusive resort, and we took advantage of that! All inclusive means all the food and drinks that you can handle at all hours of the day and night - and boy did we ever take advantage of that!

The first day we arrived, we just spent time out on the beach. I got a beach-side massage, and Eric rented a boogie board. Eric is working on touching up those photos, so I'll have to post them later! It was so relaxing to lay there and listen to the waves while working on one of the best tans that I've had in years!

On the second night we were there, we went on "Captain Hook's Dinner Cruise and Adventure". The crew was dressed up to the hilt in pirate garb, and had fun using their swords at everyone else's expense! They divided everyone onto 2 boats and then we sailed out on the water as the crew acted out a story. They served us a steak dinner down in the galley. Then as the cruise was ending, our boat silently sailed next to the other boat and our crew boarded it and rescued our captain's bride! YEAH!! There was so much action and crazy pirates all around us. Then we did some dancing on the boat as we sailed back. All in all- a fun, entertaining night! Not the best food we had, but definitely worth the adventure!

That's where I'll leave it for today. Stay tuned - still to come are the ancient Myan ruins, snorkeling, sailboating, and the best food ever!! (Did I mention that you can eat whenever and whatever you want to - no limits!)

5 comments:

LuckyMatt said...

Hey, thanks for the invite! I am excited to hear about your life these days.

Congrats on going "away" for a bit. Isn't it wonderful! Was it a 10 year anniversary for you too?
I just hope I can take another trip like it before 10 more years go by.

Dominoe said...

Welcome to the blogging world! I was wondering when you were going to join us. :)

What a fabulous trip - can't wait to hear more about it!

Rob and Tonya Shallenberger said...

I can't wait to hear more! Sounds like a lot of fun.

I glad you have a blog. It's awesome!

Tonya

Shelly said...

Wow! That looks like an awesome trip! I liked the part about you still waiting for someone to bring you a drink! That's good stuff. Welcome to the blog sphere. Thanks for the invite! I added you to my links list, I hope that is okay.
Do you have my family's?
www.adventuremyersfam.blogspot.com

Janelle said...

All I'm going to say is that I am very jealous of you still!! can't wait to see more pics!!